Certifications Required for all Contracted and Volunteer Coaches
ALL PAID AND VOLUNTEER COACHES ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A PAP, VALID CPR CARD, SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST CERTIFICATE, AND BOARD APPROVAL PRIOR TO THE START OF THE SEASON
Pupil Activity Permit (PAP)
Ohio Department of Education link for coaching permit information: CLICK HERE
2. First Aid & Safety for Coaches (http://nfhslearn.com/courses/26/first-aid-health-and-safety-for-coaches) OR take a Cleveland Clinic PAP First Aid course in person. Click here for the flier
3. Concussion in Sports (http://nfhslearn.com/courses/61037/concussion-in-sports)
4. NEW in 2017: All coaches are required to take a sudden cardiac arrest course. This requirement must be renewed annually. (http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Teaching/Licensure/Audiences/Coaching-Permits)
Coaches renewing their PAP must take the following courses:
See above for links to courses
2. Concussion in Sports
* Print the certificates and turn them into the Athletic Office then complete the application online.
To apply for or renew the PAP, create or log into your SAFE account at https://safe.ode.state.oh.us/portal, choose APPLY, and choose the green COACHES tab. For renewals, click the HERE tab at the top of the page. Select the appropriate certificate based on the criteria below:
CHANGE OF PERMIT TERMS FOR CERTAIN CREDENTIAL HOLDERS
In addition to the coaching (pupil activity) permit – three year, there are two new coaching permits (four-year or five-year) available to certain teachers and administrators who hold specific types of educator licenses.
A. A three-year permit if you hold:
No other educator credential; An educator credential other than one of those listed under B. or C.
B. A four-year permit if you hold:
Either a four-year resident educator license; or A four-year alternative resident educator license.
C. A five-year permit if you hold:
Either a five-year professional license; Five-year senior professional license; or Five-year lead professional license.
* on occasion, CPR renewal courses will be held at Mayfield.
Mayfield Email Address
All paid coaches are required to use a Mayfield email address for Final Forms access and all correspondence related to coaching at Mayfield.
FBI/BCI Background Checks & Payroll Information
FBI background checks are required at the time of hire and every 5 years thereafter. BCI background checks are required at the time of hire. Background checks are conducted at the Mayfield Board of Education Office (1101 SOM Center Rd). All payroll paperwork is to be submitted to the personnel department at the Board Office.
Contact Kim Homrock or Diane Rowe with the background check and payroll questions (440) 995-7223